Official Rules for the National Coffee Day Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees of Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation, 370 Knollwood Street, Suite 500, Winston-Salem, NC 27103 (“Sponsor”).
3. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01:00 AM on September 15, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PST on September 29, 2013 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: Visit www.NationalCoffeeDayGiveaway.com, follow the links to the Sweepstakes page, and complete the entry form. You may only enter one (1) time, and you may not use an agency or automated system to enter. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any additional entries. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these Official Rules.
5. Drawing: On or about October 2, 2013, Sponsor will select twelve (12) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. Sponsor will attempt to notify a potential winner within 14 business days of the drawing.
6. Potential Winner Requirements: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within 30 days. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to return these documents on time, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
Prizes: Everyone who enters and signs up for our Friends of Krispy Kreme Coffee List
7. (www.NationalCoffeeDayGiveaway.com) will receive a free coupon for $1.00 specialty coffee. Twelve (12) winners will each receive: (a) one coffee mug; (b) one free large hot coffee every week for a year punch card; and (c) one t-shirt as a bonus prize for winners that tweet #CoffeeDayPrizePack along with a photo of their mug and punch card. The approximate retail value of each prize is $100.00. A winner is responsible for paying any income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the owner. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) late or undelivered mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You waive the right to claim any attorneys’ fees and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Privacy and Publicity: Any information you submit as part of the Sweepstakes will be used in accordance with Sponsor’s Privacy Statement. Except where prohibited, you consent to Sponsor’s use of your name in any list of winners (if applicable) and for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
11. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in North Carolina. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than North Carolina.
12. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to National Coffee Day Giveaway, Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation, 370 Knollwood Street, Suite 500, Winston-Salem, NC 27103. Requests must be received by October 31, 2013.